Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial - A Pinspired Project

So I promised a tutorial on how to make your own little Christmas Dragon, or an anytime dragon for that matter. As the title says this is a Pinspired Project, so my inspiration comes from Pintrest and some simple yet cute gator/crocodile clothes pins. I saw them and instantly thought of dragons so this is my take on them and I hope the tutorial is fairly simple to follow. As you can see above, my daughters (8 and 9) made a fleet or army of dragons if you will in about 2 hours.


Step 1: Gather your supplies

~ wooden clothes pins
~ acrylic paint your choice of colors we used plain and metallic (The metallic turns out very dragon-esque without adding scales)
~Googly eyes (I used the smallest I could find)
~Craft foam
~Newspaper
~Thin point permanent pen
~Glue
~*extra materials for your decorating pleasure*
        ribbons, beads, ultra fine glitter, fabric paint, stamps, 
        feathers, etc.






Step 2: Prepare work area

~ lay down newspaper to protect surfaces

Step 3: Paint clothes pins with acrylic paint

~This will take a couple of coats 2-3 depending on how much paint you use on each coat






Step 4: Dragon wings and Tails
~ Cut out and trace the dragon wing
template, or design your own wings
Step 5: Affix Dragon wings and googly
eyes with your choice of fixative
Step 6: Decorate your dragons wings with
wing marks ( I used glue and ultra fine
glitter), or feathers. Draw scales, or add
beads. Allow your dragon to speak to
you on how he/she should be bedazzled.


Step 7: Allow to dry then enjoy. Use your dragon as an ornament, or added to a package in place of a bow and as a double duty gift, or add a ribbon and have him/her be the Guardian of the Cards.
                                                                         
                                                                                          



4 comments:

  1. Hay I thought you were making me one! I only live next to you! HA!Ha! Seriously...This is a good craft you presented it beautifully! Love you Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it :-)
    Check out mine

    http://www.ddktalks.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to comment on this from my smart phone, but I discovered that I'm not so "smart" when it comes to my phone LOL! I thought this was an excellent tutorial, and very well written. Great job sissy! Love the dragons!!

    ReplyDelete

You may like...